Friday, November 2, 2012

Pumpkin fun

 

 
In keeping with the fall theme from yesterday I decided to try another autumn decoration to spruce up the house.  I found these cute this pumpkins that were spiced up with epsom salt so they looked more elegant and sparkly, and I love sparkly. 
 
See, isn't it pretty?!  So I went to the dollar store and grabbed a pumpkin and some epson salt.  They didn't have stands so I scrapped that idea.  So I used painted the pumpkin in glue (which for some reason was really runny, next time I need to get the name brand).  Then I poured some epsom salt over it and voila.  If I had a nicer pumpkin it would look a little better and orange I think but not too shabby for $2.  And now I have tons of epsom salt leftover for so many other crafts (and I've been told it looks like snow when used in crafting).
 
 

 
So all-in-all I think it turned out well.  The cat definitely likes it.  It's his own personal cat lick.  Yuuum.  Pinterest - 0 Lorin - 1.
 

Click here for the how-to guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment